"There's no doubt about it, Michael, the world's getting smaller".
"Aye, that's global warmin'".
Do a quick google search for GDPR and you'll most likely get something that says:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union. The GDPR sets out the principles for data management and the rights of the individual.
... Not that that's what I did.
Seriously though... I've done a hell of a lot of research into this and tried to simplify it as best I can. Hopefully, this post will leave you bursting with confidence about how I definitely don't store your personal information in an old shoe box under my bed labelled 'do not touch' written on with a permanent marker.
... Not that that's what I do with it.
SERIOUSLY THOUGH, to give you peace of mind here are a few paragraphs on the steps I take to protect your data and to keep it entertaining, I've dropped in a few Alan Partridge quotes.
"Who’s Tom Donaldson?"
Your peace of mind is of the utmost importance to me which is why I take the following steps to protect your data...
- Upon completion, hard copies of all information collected pre-event (times, dates, signed contracts etc) are stored in a secure location (definitely not folded in half in an old Filofax I came across in the spare room).
- Digital copies of contracts are stored on an offline password protected external hard drive which itself is stored in a secure location.
- Having handed over your photographs and you are 100% happy with them, digital copies of the photographs are stored on an offline, password protected external hard drive which itself is stored in a secure location. No hard copies (prints) are kept.
- Only with your full consent will your pictures be used for marketing and at any point, if you change your mind, you can let me know and I will remove what you say.
- When using 3rd party clients, to minimise any risk, only absolutely necessary information is passed on. I only use 3rd party clients that are well respected and established and are fully compliant with GDPR regulations.
To further reassure,
- I try to be as transparent as possible. "Search me, Search me!". If you have any questions about why specific parts of information are collected, ask me and I'll give you the reason.
- All the information I do collect is only kept for as long as is necessary.
If you have any more questions or queries about my GDPR policy, send me a message and I'll be in touch.
"Flatley my dear, I don't Riverdance".